Best Preschool in Calgary
Why KidsU Different than other Preschools?
Kids U’s Preschool program is offered at multiple Kids U locations throughout Calgary and in Strathmore. Unlike most preschool programs, ours are not based on the child’s age, but on their individual stage of development. Children from 3 to 6 years old are capable of retaining extensive information and are beginning to truly understand early numeracy, literacy and science concepts.
What We Teach
Our Montessori-based left brain curriculum uses materials and activities to teach our children these mathematics, science, reading, writing and comprehension skills while teaching them practical life skills at the same time.
Child Care in Calgary
Through our right brain curriculum, inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy of teaching, our students experience play-based learning, where their creativity and individuality take centre stage. Exploration and discovery are encouraged and supported in this enriching environment.
Preschoolers benefit from Kids U’s movement program through its unique blend of right brain and left brain values and a traditional gym setting. While the children are having fun and being active, they are also building healthy bodies and healthy brains.
What Your Child Will Learn in Preschools
- Creative expression (music, art, dramatic play, creative movement)
- Science concepts
- Early literacy skills
- Early numeracy skills
- Social development (relationships, cultural diversity, social responsibility, cooperative play, positive problem solving strategies)
- Creative/critical thinking skills
End Goals for the Preschool Program in Calgary
- To provide a well-balanced curriculum with equal emphasis on play and learning
- To build healthy bodies and minds
- To instill positive behaviours in children
- To prepare children socially and emotionally for life ahead
- To provide ample opportunities to play and learn in stimulating environments