Our Junior Preschool program supports your children’s desire to discover and their need for independence while providing a sense of safety and security. Our Montessori-trained (Left Brain) and Reggio- inspired (Right Brain) teachers propagate awareness of sensitive periods, encourage learning through play and exploration, and respect the natural development of the child. Toddlers are given the time and opportunity to engage in purposeful work to explore language, music, movement, art, practical life and fine/gross motor activities that meet their individual developmental needs. They practice skills such as buttoning, tying and zipping, preparing meals, and caring for the environment and themselves (including toilet training).
As toddlers move between Right and Left Brain environments, they develop their attention span, coordination, feelings of security and independence while participating in individual and group games, world music, story time, and art. They spend time outside each day, weather permitting. The toddler environment is prepared for the awesome work of creating the self, feeling one’s own edges, and finding one’s own core.
What Your Child Will Learn
- Creative expression (music, art, dramatic play, movement , independent walking)
- Practical life
- Sensory integration
- Language exercises
- Social development (relationships, cultural diversity, social skills, parallel play, positive problem solving strategies)
- Fine and gross motor activities (buttoning, tying, zipping, preparing meals)
- Attention span development
- Individual and group games
End Goals for the Toddler Program
- To build healthy bodies
- To strengthen brain functions
- To instill positive social behavior
- To enhance creativity and imagination
- To explore the world through our senses
Quality Education and Care
Our toddler program is essential to the Kids U philosophy of early brain development and executive functioning. In order to make this program available to all families, we offer a variety of schedules for you to choose from to accommodate what type of child care you need.
- Junior Preschool Only hours (8:30 am to 3:00 pm) afford the children the most exposure to our extensive curriculum. This schedule is available two, three, and five days a week for your convenience. Based on the availability of space at each site, you are able to choose your desired days.
- Junior Preschool and Care hours (7:00 am to 5:30 pm at our Calgary schools and 6:30 am to 6:00 pm at our Strathmore location) give you the flexibility for full day care as well as benefitting from the extra programming that support our core curriculum hours. This schedule is available for two, three or five days a week for your convenience. You are able to choose your days based on the space availability at your desired location.
In our toddler program, we reflect cultural diversity to stimulate a broader palate, and our cooks use local and organic produce whenever possible. We even provide a separate menu for children who are vegetarian, and attention to children with allergies is of high importance.
Tuition and Fees
The monthly tuition fee includes the following for every child attending the program:
- Healthy morning breakfast for Preschool and Care students
- Healthy lunch for children in full-day programs (half-day preschool not included)
- Healthy afternoon snack for children in Preschool and Care
- Special guests, extracurricular activities, projects, and specialized instruction
- Activities, classroom supplies, and supervised care
- Personal portable cubby space for storage of personal items
- Personal mattress or cot for napping
Junior Preschool Only (8:30 am to 3:00 pm)
Calgary Locations Strathmore
|2 Days per week $495/month||
2 Days per week $295/month
3 Days per week $795/month
3 Days per week $495/month
5 Days per week $995/month
5 Days per week $695/month
Junior Preschool and Care (7:00 am to 5:30 pm)
Calgary Locations Strathmore (6:30 am to 6:00 pm)
|2 Days per week $695/month||
2 Days per week $495/month
3 Days per week $995/month
3 Days per week $695/month
5 Days per week $1395/month
5 Days per week $895/month
Registration FeeKids U charges a $150 fee upon online registration. Without payment, your registration will not be complete and a spot on our waitlist will not be reserved for your child in the desired program.
There is a non-refundable, non-transferable annual material fee* of $250.00 for all new and returning students. This fee helps to cover the cost of consumable supplies, developmental screenings, association memberships, and other materials for the children. This provides us the opportunity to ensure the classrooms are not strapped in budgets and not purchase things that are not in the interest of a high quality education. The fee covers materials for the preschool year from September 1 to June 30. Unfortunately, this fee is not prorated and is required in full for all admissions. The material fee for new students is due no later than 30 days prior to your child’s enrollment date. The material fees for returning students enrolling is due by June 30. Parents who miss this deadline will lose their child’s place in class. If these parents choose to enroll their child a later time they will be considered a new student.
*For our Infants Only centre, families are billed $20 a month (paid in full at the time of registration) for materials fees.
Late Pickup Fees
Like you and your family, our staff value and enjoy having quality family time in the evenings following a long and full day’s work. As such, if you are going to be late, we appreciate receiving a phone call as soon as you are aware of the situation.Late child care fees begin at the centre’s closing hours at a rate of $1.00 per child per minute and are payable to the program supervisor or director.