Why We Are Different
Available at all of our locations in Calgary and in Strathmore, Kids U’s Kindergarten program is uniquely based on their individual stage of development, and not simply on age group. Between the ages of 3 to 6 years old, children are capable of retaining extensive information and Kids U’s programs help them to begin to truly understand early numeracy, literacy and science concepts.
What We Teach
Kids U’s left brain curriculum uses prepared materials and activities to teach children mathematics, science, reading, writing and comprehension skills in addition to practical life skills.
The right brain classrooms at Kids U are inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy of teaching, where play-based learning, creativity and individuality take centre stage. This enriching and supportive environment encourages discovery and exploration.
Our movement program combines Kids U’s left brain and right brain values to a traditional gym setting, creating a one-of-a-kind physical education curriculum. Here, children not are not only developing healthy bodies but healthy brains as well.
What Your Child Will Learn
- Creative expression through music, art, dramatic play and creative movement
- Science concepts through exploration, experiments and a wide variety and availability of materials to discover scientific principles
- Early literacy skills through the development of an extensive vocabulary using pictures, stories and small group sessions
- Early numeracy skills through the use of concrete materials to measure height, length, weight, volume and time
- Social development through building relationships with adults and peers, cultural diversity, social responsibility, cooperative play, positive problem solving strategies
- Creative/critical thinking skills
End Goals for the Kindergarten Program
- To become independent
- To develop concentration
- To increase motor skills and coordination
- To adapt to the environment and be creative in it
- To cultivate social awareness