Program Supervisor – Various Locations
Building Brains, One Neuron At A Time
Job Title: Program Supervisor
Location: Various Locations
Kids U is an Accredited Early Childhood Learning Institute in Calgary, AB that is growing and continues to set the standard for excellence. We open collaboration to create a student-centered, inquiry based learning environment that cultivates enthusiastic and globally-minded individuals. We have an engaging working environment and has dedicated staff members will support you in your role as an educator.We are currently looking for an experienced Program Supervisor to join our team!
Coordinate the provision of program operations and administrative functions through efficient communication with families and program staff.It is the responsibility of the Program Supervisor to work effectively within the Management Team to efficiently communicate and implement the KIDS U philosophy, policies and procedures by encouraging open communication between all stakeholders.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: Province of Alberta, Care Licensing Act; Child Care Licensing RegulationCalgary Health Region Healthy Communities; Environmental Health Social CareFacilities Policy Alberta Fire CodeParent HandbookStaff HandbookKIDS U Program Plan as approved by Child Care Licensing
- To perform duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission statement and core values of KIDS U
- To provide high quality child care in a group setting that meets the diverse needs and promotes optimum physical, social, emotional, cognitive and intellectual development of the children in care.
- To assume a supervisory and leadership role to the group that the Program Coordinator is responsible for.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING :
– Coordinates administrative functions of the program; facilitates communication; messaging to families and staff; social media; newsletters; website; manages communication and assessment software.
– Ensures positive communication with families through regular verbal and written contact regarding program, children’s progress, opportunities for involvement, special concerns and family needs.
– Coordinates communication with prospective clients; interviews prospective clients and completes intake and orientation procedures; monitors wait list.
– Manage program collection of child care fees.
– Communicates with staff team to coordinate orientation and transition of new children and families to program.
– Effectively communicates and implements the KIDS U philosophy, policies and procedures to all key stakeholders; parents, staff, community.
– Prepares and produces written documents to meet program information and communication needs; administers group documentation; keeps Program Management Team and Executive Director informed of pertinent information; answers and returns phone calls; provides mail and fax services.
– Ensures staff remain current and knowledgeable; makes recommendations for in-service training; advises manager of professional development needs of staff; maintains own knowledge through professional development.
– Respects confidentiality and relates to parents, children and other staff members in a professional and ethical manner.
– Other related duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director / Management.
Early Childhood Education diploma or degree from a recognized college or University or other equivalent educational qualifications Certified by Alberta Human Services; Child Development Branch, Child Care Staff Qualifications, as Child Care Supervisor (level 3)
– Valid first aid certificate
– Current criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.
– A minimum of five years’ experience in an Early Learning and Care Program
– Strong organizational and administrative skills- Good interpersonal skills
– Proven ability to work closely with other team members
– Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
– Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job
– An additional language would be an assetOur facilities offer spacious classrooms lit with natural light, has a beautiful playground on site and is located near various parks and amenities.
We offer a competitive salary and there are many opportunities for addition grants and subsidies. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families apply now!
Required experience:Child Care: 1 year – LEVEL 3
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Various Locations
- CHILD CARE CENTRE MANAGEMENT: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
- Calgary, AB
- Child Care Management: 1 year