Jr & PreSchool Montessori Lead Teacher/Assistant Teacher – Various Locations
Job Title: (JR & PRESCHOOL) Montessori Lead Teacher -Various Locations
5 Positions: Start Immediately
Kids U is an Accredited Early Childhood Learning Institute in Calgary, AB that is growing and continues to set the standard for excellence. We open collaboration to create a student-centered, inquiry based learning environment that cultivates enthusiastic and globally-minded individuals. We have an engaging working environment and has dedicated staff members will support you in your role as an educator.
We are currently looking for an experienced Montessori teacher to join our team at our various locations across Calgary.
This position requires love, patience and respect for children. The teacher will encourage the children to be independent and model for them appropriate manners and behaviors. The teacher will also instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth following the philosophies of Maria Montessori:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
• Make a difference every day!
• Be accountable for the delivery of a authentic Montessori program.
• Plan open ended activities with an emphasis on process orientation and developmentally appropriate curriculum with age-appropriate and individualized activities
• Supervise the classroom, helping the children to think creatively, to solve problems independently and respect themselves and others.
• Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
• Guide children in self-motivated learning, helping stimulate their natural desire to learn.
• Be responsible for ensuring a educational, caring and safe environment for the children.
• Be responsible for reporting challenges, successes and competencies of each student to the Director or to parents on a regular basis.
• Effective communication skills and strong organizational skills are essential qualities for this position, as teachers must be able to interact well with parents and management in a traditional early child care setting.
• Have a Montessori Certificate or Diploma & Child Care certifications.
• 2 Year Experience with Toddlers or Preschoolers an asset
• Current First Aid Certificate an asset
• Evidence of Criminal Record Clearance, including Vulnerable Sector Search, within past 6 months
Our facility offers spacious classrooms lit with natural light and has a beautiful playground on site, and is located near various parks and amenities. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
Experienced Montessori Teacher: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time
Montessori Teaching: 2 years